Getting To Know Me
I was born and raised in southern Illinois right across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, Missouri. I spent many summers on the east coast, mainly in Massachusetts. I moved to California after finishing 6th grade (11 years old). I attended middle school and high school in the San Francisco area, and I moved to the Los Angeles area after my second year of college at San Francisco State University. My birthday is on August 1. I have been a teacher in Glendale since 1990, and I have taught 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades. This is my 29th year of teaching, and this is my 17th year at Monte Vista. I have been married for 26 years (I got married on May 2 during the tumultuous weekend of the Los Angeles "Rodney King" riots), and I have two sons...one is in his thirdyear of college at UC Irvine majoring in Film/Editing and the other is a graduate of the University of Oregon and is now a television news reporter/anchorman for a CBS news affiliate in Idaho. I have lived in Burbank for over 26 years. My family and I enjoy traveling together...we have visited over 40 states, Canada, Armenia, Russia, and the Caribbean. I love football and baseball, and I am a big fan of the San Francisco 49ers and the San Francisco Giants.
I attended San Francisco State University for two years, and then I transferred to CSULA and earned my Bachelor's Degree in Child Development with departmental honors and Teaching Credential in 1990. I earned my Master's Degree in Curriculum and Teaching in 2002 from Grand Canyon University. I have also continued my educational experiences by taking many classes at UCLA.
Just to get to know me a little better.....
Some of my favorites...
- I like to go out to dinner with my family (Los Gringos, Cheesecake Factory, or Claim Jumper...which are my favorites, but we also enjoy Baja Fresh, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Kabuki, California Pizza Kitchen), and we love to go to the movies (we love going to the AMC Burbank).
- I love to read and listen to audiobooks on my way to work each day. I should probably own stock in Barnes and Noble or Audible!
- I love finding healthy, interesting foods from Trader Joe's, Sprouts, and Whole Foods.
- I like to shop (Macy's, Chico's, Amazon, etc.), and I love to buy tech gadgets from the Apple Store.
- I love to drink water all the time, but my favorite beverage is unsweetened ice tea (ALL kinds, but especially iced green tea) and hot tea (especially Refresh tea, Zen tea, and Chai Tea Latte) from Starbucks. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but have a habit of drinking tea at some point each day.
- I am a San Francisco Giants (baseball) and San Francisco 49ers (football) fan!